Quotes by Layne Staley
- Andrew Wood's death changed things for a few weeks. I probably got even heavier into drugs after that.
- At home I'm just a guy who has interests that extend far beyond music.
- I've always looked for the perfect life to step into. I've taken all the paths to get where I wanted.But no matter where I go, I still come home me.
- It was all about music, about getting your friends to come and see you play. I don't see that same intimacy happening very much today.
- Kurt and I weren't the closest of friends, but I knew him well enough to be devastated by his death. For such a quiet person, he was so excited about having a child.
- Music is the career I'm lucky enough to get paid for, but I have other desires and passions.
- Music is the doorway that has led me to drawing, photography, and writing.
- We started this band as kids, and as time has gone on, we've grown and are learning to accommodate each others' differences.
- When everyone goes home, you're stuck with yourself.