Quotes by Loretta Young
- As an actress, emotions are my business, my stock-in-trade. As such, I've dealt with them nearly all my life.
- Fashion should not be expected to serve in the stead of courage or character.
- I can't imagine dating a boy, meeting him only outside the home. What's a home and family for if it's not the center of one's life?
- I learned you have to fight for yourself in the picture business.
- I'm grateful to God for His bountiful gifts... He gave me courage and faith in myself.
- I've always been scared to death of pain - afraid, even, to think of it.
- If you have enthusiasm, you have a very dynamic, effective companion to travel with you on the road to Somewhere.
- In common with many others in the varied branches of our profession, my academic education is subnormal.
- In my dreams, I could be a Princess, and that's what I was. Like most little girls, I believed nothing less than a Prince could make my dreams come true.
- Like charity, I believe glamour should begin at home.
- Love isn't something you find. Love is something that finds you.
- Nearly everyone I met, worked with, or read about was my teacher, one way or another.
- Success can't be forced.
- There is no personal achievement in being born beautiful.
- When I left 20th Century-Fox to freelance, my agent believed that getting big money was the way to establish real importance in our industry.