Quotes by Major Owens
- Children are already accustomed to a world that moves faster and is more exciting than anything a teacher in front of a classroom can do.
- Education technology and school construction go together. Modernization, updating education facilities, and making a capital investment in education are all included.
- Education technology is very important because we have a massive challenge in public schools.
- Excitement in education and student productivity, the ability to get a result that you want from students, go together and cannot be separated.
- I do not think we are ever going to be able to, for a long time, get the kind of quality of school personnel that we need in our schools, especially in the areas of science and math. One of the answers to that problem is to use more educational technology.
- I have a great deal of respect and admiration for people who put themselves on the line.
- I will continue my activities related to education in one way or another. I certainly would have at the top my agenda, with respect to education, the need to do much better with modern educational technology.
- I would like to spend my next two years showing how the aim of making technology available to every young person can be built into the effort to make our nation more secure. That is my latest concern and what I will be pushing over the next two years.
- Technology tools such as laptops are the kind of help that we need. A program that provides laptops for all youngsters would close a gap that most of us are not aware of, or will not admit to, which is a tremendous gap in the poor communities.
- The ownership of computers in the home is far less than the statistics show, because usually when the computer breaks down once, that is the end of it for a long, long time. They do not have the money or incentive to get the computer repaired.
- The problem was just a mean attitude that festers and has to be challenged.
- Therefore, you are not training young people for the world of today and the world of tomorrow unless you are doing proven technology training. That is one of the reasons I'm so concerned.
- We can close the gap and improve what happens in the classroom by using educational technology that is the same high quality everywhere.
- We can do it better, more consistently, and in the end, it will cost us less because the students that we produce will be superior to those without technology experience.
- We can not wait until we have enough trained people willing to work at a teacher's salary and under conditions imposed upon teachers in order to improve what happens in the classroom.
- You have no power at all if you do not exercise constant power.