Quotes by Martin Yan
- As long as the food is well prepared and not overdone, I think it tastes good. It doesn't matter if it's Chinese, Japanese, anything.
- Happiness is within. It has nothing to do with how much applause you get or how many people praise you. Happiness comes when you believe that you have done something truly meaningful.
- I don't like to waste anything. Any food left over from the night before is always eaten the next day.
- I normally don't eat junk food.
- I think being famous is more of a hindrance, a constraint, than just letting yourself be free.
- I've never considered myself a celebrity or even part of the entertainment business. I'm a cooking teacher.
- If I could only have one type of food with me, I would bring soy sauce. The reason being that if I have soy sauce, I can flavor a lot of things.
- People who don't travel cannot have a global view, all they see is what's in front of them. Those people cannot accept new things because all they know is where they live.
- So when I do Chinese cooking, I mix everything together, then the kids have to eat their vegetables. They won't have the patience to pick them out.
- Some people never contribute anything positive to society, they may even drain our resources, but most of us try to do something better, to give back.