Quotes by Michael Caine
- For all my education, accomplishments, and so called 'wisdom'... I can't fathom my own heart.
- Funny things happen to you in movies for silly reasons.
- Hollywood is a cross between a health farm, a recreation center and an insane asylum. It's a company town, and I happen to like the company!
- I am in so many movies that are on TV at 2:00 a.m. that people think I am dead.
- I don't work very much, and I just sit here waiting for a script that I can't refuse - and I'm not talking about money.
- I feel like 35. At 35 you're old enough to know something and young enough to look forward to what you can do with the knowledge. So I stayed at 35!
- I felt a tremendous sadness for men who can't deal with a woman of their own age.
- I think what is British about me is my feelings and awareness of others and their situations. English people are always known to be well mannered and cold but we are not cold - we don't interfere in your situation. If we are heartbroken, we don't scream in your face with tears - we go home and cry on our own.
- I'm every bourgeois nightmare - a Cockney with intelligence and a million dollars.
- If you go away on location for three months and your wife stays at home, you've made a whole new load of friends and she's made a whole new load of friends and you get home and you're kind of strangers.
- In the sixties, everyone you knew became famous. My flatmate was Terence Stamp. My barber was Vidal Sassoon. David Hockney did the menu in a restaurant I went to. I didn't know anyone unknown who didn't become famous.
- January is the garbage can of movies in America, directly after all the Oscar contenders have been out.
- My problem was that I was blond. There were no heroes with blond hair. Robert Taylor and Henry Fonda, they all had dark hair. The only one I found was Van Johnson, who wasn't too cool. He was a nice, homely American boy. So I created my own image. It worked.
- My wife comes with me on all the movies, but she is not an appendage to a film star or anything like that. She is a completely intertwined partner. She is the other half of me. Also, we're still very much in love with each other. We always have been, we always will be.
- Save your money. You're going to need twice as much money in your old age as you think.
- The difference between a movie star and a movie actor is this - a movie star will say, 'How can I change the script to suit me?' and a movie actor will say. 'How can I change me to suit the script?'