Quotes by Natalie Portman
- Going to a party, for me, is as much a learning experience as, you know, sitting in a lecture.
- I don't love studying. I hate studying. I like learning. Learning is beautiful.
- I'm a Gemini, so I change my mind every day.
- I'm not convinced about marriage. Divorce is so easy, and that fact that gay people are not allowed to marry takes much of the meaning out of it. Committing yourself to one person is sacred.
- My dad's a doctor, and when I was 8, I went to one of his medical conferences where they were demonstrating laser surgery on a chicken. I was so mad that a chicken had to die, I never ate meat again.
- Smart women love smart men more than smart men love smart women.
- There are movies where we are interested in seeing people's lives without agreeing with what they're doing.
- Well, right now, I'm very fascinated with 1920s Berlin. I mean, probably the more interesting thing would be to go to the beginning of civilization or precivilization - like polytheistic times. It would be interesting to see what came before modern religion and culture - what circumstances created the environment or the need for it.
- When a guy tells me I'm cute, it's not something desirable. Cute is more like what you want your pet to be.
- When I was in nursery school, the teachers asked me, y'know, 'What does your dad do for a living?' So I said 'He helps women get pregnant!' They called my mom and they were like, 'What exactly does your husband do?'
- Where I live, nobody who's fourteen is having sex and doing major drugs. And I think if you see it in the movies, you may be influenced by it. I think it's so important to preserve your innocence.
- You know, I get much more Jewish in Israel because I like the way that religion is done there.
- Young actors often don't think of the consequences of doing nudity or sex scenes. They want the role so badly that they agree to be exploited, and then end up embarrassing family, friends, and even strangers.