Quotes by Phil Mcgraw
- A year from now, you're gonna weigh more or less than what you do right now.
- Eighty percent of all choices are based on fear. Most people don't choose what they want they choose what they think is safe.
- Food is a coping mechanism people are afraid of giving it up because then they'll feel confused and lost.
- I don't care how pumped up or psyched you are to start a new diet or a new program - that emotion will fade.
- I'm embarrassed every time I look a teacher in the eye, because we ask them to do so much for so little.
- If you've gone into a marriage and you haven't been clear about how you're going to handle money, how you want to raise kids, who is going to work or stay home or what have you, then you've set yourself up for failure.
- If your neighbor has a completely different view on abortion, gay marriage, stem cell research, all of those things, you still are both Americans. Neither one of you is necessarily more patriotic than the other. Neither loves their country any more than the other one does.
- It's better to be healthy alone than sick with someone else.
- My dad used to say, 'You wouldn't worry so much about what people thought about you if you knew how seldom they did.
- The Internet is just bringing all kinds of information into the home. There's just a lot of distraction, a lot of competition for the parent's voice to resonate in the children's ears.
- The truth is, I think we are a self-less society, not a selfish society. Because we're so busy now.
- There is nothing wrong with your marriage if you're dealing with bills and kids and the broken garbage disposal and in-laws and work demands. That's a normal marriage.
- We all have a social mask, right? We put it on, we go out, put our best foot forward, our best image. But behind that social mask is a personal truth, what we really, really believe about who we are and what we're capable of.
- You know, what we do know is that there is a high frequency of violence in the home of those who bully.
- You're only lonely if you're not there for you.