Quotes by Phyllis Mcginley
- Getting along with men isn't what's truly important. The vital knowledge is how to get along with a man, one man.
- In Australia, not reading poetry is the national pastime.
- Marriage was all a woman's idea and for man's acceptance of the pretty yoke, it becomes us to be grateful.
- Nothing fails like success nothing is so defeated as yesterday's triumphant Cause.
- Of one thing I am certain, the body is not the measure of healing, peace is the measure.
- Please to put a nickel, please to put a dime. How petitions trickle in at Christmas time!
- Sisters are always drying their hair. Locked into rooms, alone, they pose at the mirror, shoulders bare, trying this way and that their hair, or fly importunate down the stair to answer the telephone.