Quotes by Rick Warren
- Faithful servants never retire. You can retire from your career, but you will never retire from serving God.
- God is looking for people to use, and if you can get usable, he will wear you out. The most dangerous prayer you can pray is this: 'Use me.'
- History shows that when the church accommodates culture, it weakens it.
- I believe in the separation of church and state, but I do not believe in the separation of politics from religion.
- I happen to agree with many of the liberal emphasis on compassion, justice and equality. I just disagree that it's the government's role to provide everything.
- I never have been involved in politics.
- I serve a higher power, Jesus Christ. I make no apologies in saying that.
- If God only used perfect people, nothing would get done. God will use anybody if you're available.
- In Psalm 72, Solomon prays for power and fame but he says the purpose of influence is to speak up for others and one is the immigrant. He doesn't delineate between legal and illegal.
- In the Old Testament, it says that if you have the power to do something good, then you have to do it. You're not to avoid helping somebody in their time of need.
- So I would say God hates war, but God loves every soldier.
- The Bible tells us that Jesus Christ came to do three things. He came to have my past forgiven, you get a purpose for living and a home in Heaven.
- We're a nation of laws, but the good thing about America, is that laws reside in the people and people can change the laws.
- What gives me the most hope every day is God's grace knowing that his grace is going to give me the strength for whatever I face, knowing that nothing is a surprise to God.
- What surprises me most about God is that the creator of the universe should want a relationship with me.
- You never know God is all you need until God is all you have.
- You were made by God and for God, and until you understand that, life will never make sense.