Quotes by Rita Mae Brown
- About all you can do in life is be who you are. Some people will love you for you. Most will love you for what you can do for them, and some won't like you at all.
- Art is moral passion married to entertainment. Moral passion without entertainment is propaganda, and entertainment without moral passion is television.
- Creativity comes from trust. Trust your instincts. And never hope more than you work.
- Education is a wonderful thing. If you couldn't sign your name you'd have to pay cash.
- Good judgment comes from experience, and experience comes from bad judgment.
- Humor comes from self-confidence.
- I became a lesbian because of women, because women are beautiful, strong, and compassionate.
- I believe the true function of age is memory. I'm recording as fast as I can.
- If the world were a logical place, men would ride side saddle.
- One of the keys to happiness is a bad memory.
- The statistics on sanity are that one out of every four Americans is suffering from some form of mental illness. Think of your three best friends. If they're okay, then it's you.
- Women who love women are Lesbians. Men, because they can only think of women in sexual terms, define Lesbian as sex between women.
- You can't be truly rude until you understand good manners.
- You sell a screenplay like you sell a car. If someone drives it off a cliff, that's it.