Quotes by Robert Anton Wilson
- A monopoly on the means of communication may define a ruling elite more precisely than the celebrated Marxian formula of monopoly in the means of production.
- Belief is the death of intelligence.
- Ego is a social fiction for which one person at a time gets all the blame.
- Every war results from the struggle for markets and spheres of influence, and every war is sold to the public by professional liars and totally sincere religious maniacs, as a Holy Crusade to save God and Goodness from Satan and Evil.
- History, sociology, economics, psychology et al. confirmed Joyce's view of Everyman as victim.
- Horror is the natural reaction to the last 5,000 years of history.
- Most people live in a myth and grow violently angry if anyone dares to tell them the truth about themselves.
- Pregnancy is a kind of miracle. Especially so in that it proves that a man and woman can conspire to force God to create a new soul.
- The abandoned infant's cry is rage, not fear.
- The longer one is alone, the easier it is to hear the song of the earth.
- The Right's view of government and the Left's view of big business are both correct.
- When the rose and the cross are united the alchemical marriage is complete and the drama ends. Then we wake from history and enter eternity.
- You are precisely as big as what you love and precisely as small as what you allow to annoy you.
- You know, I have found a new way to get high and stay spaced out for hours on end, and the government can't stop me... It's called senility.