Quotes by Robert Duvall
- I always considered myself as a character actor. I always try to be versatile to show different sides of human experience.
- I always figure from the cradle to the grave, we all have our individual journeys, and maybe my journey was a positive one and I accomplished certain things without stepping on too many toes.
- I hope I left behind a legacy that people will enjoy. But whatever they want to say, I can't predict.
- I like the good feeling movies.
- I love the smell of juice boxes in the morning.
- I'll keep on acting 'til they wipe the drool. I like the business. I like to do different parts and diverse characters. I haven't lost my enthusiasm yet!
- I've always remembered something Sanford Meisner, my acting teacher, told us. When you create a character, it's like making a chair, except instead of making someting out of wood, you make it out of yourself. That's the actor's craft - using yourself to create a character.
- It's like kids playing house: 'You play the father, I'll play the mother.' You know, you dress up, you play, they pay, you go home. It's a game - acting's a game.
- Spending two years on my uncle's ranch in Montana as a young man gave me the wisdom and the thrust to do westerns.
- What people don't understand about Sarah Palin is that she is a rancher's wife. From Alberta down to Texas I've known women like that: good common sense, bright and vilified by city people.
- When I'm at home in Virginia, I become more hermit-like. I like my own home.