Quotes by Roberto Cavalli
- Excess is success.
- Fashion should be something that in the morning, when you open your window, you say, 'Oh fantastic, sun!' Then you take your shower, you say, 'OK fantastic, which colour I wear today because I feel happy?' This should be fashion.
- I began to speak well at a very advanced age - 15, 16, 17 years old. It was psychological: the trauma of war, my family and growing up on my own. I was more or less a street kid.
- I know I have to be like people expect, because people love to dream with me, they like to think that I love my boat of 50 metres, that I drink Cristal for breakfast, that I dance until five o'clock in the morning. I am not like that.
- I love women's fashion, but women don't need me as much as men do. It's the men who have nothing to wear.
- I really admire a woman for her intelligence, her personality. Beauty is not enough.
- If somebody for some reason, for music or for movie, becomes famous, it's because they have something, something special.
- In the beginning, I loved being famous, but now I am tired of it and I would like to go back to my freedom.
- Leopard is an animal design, and my designs come from nature.
- My dream, maybe because of my family, of course, was to be a painter. I chose in one moment the direction of textiles from textiles I went to fashion.
- Sometimes, because of my success, I am afraid that I was not a good father. With the first two I was too strong, and with the other three I was too weak.
- The press attack people to sell more papers without thinking, but when you get famous you have to put up with this kind of stuff.
- There is a real vulgarity in the way women dress at the moment. They show off too much and try too hard. They don't understand where the line is between sexy and vulgar. I know where that line is.
- Today, I'm very happy about myself, because I realized my dreams. I learned how to understand what people want.