Quotes by Ryan Gosling
- For now, I'm just going to keep doing the work and hope I don't get fired. If people want to put me up on their walls, I'll love it.
- Freedom is such a gift.
- I grew up in a family of strong women and I owe any capacity I have to understand women to my mother and big sister. They taught me to respect women in a way where I've always felt a strong emotional connection to women, which has also helped me in the way I approach my work as an actor.
- I have a friend that is a WWII buff, and we sat and talked a lot about stuff like the war and the reasons behind it, and you now it's all in the uniform. Once you're in it, it usually does all the work for you.
- I just sort of take it from a character perspective, and I don't know if he was necessarily spiritual, but I do think he had hope. He was a character that was comfortable having hope in his life, and hope is faith.
- I think about death a lot, like I think we all do. I don't think of suicide as an option, but as fun. It's an interesting idea that you can control how you go. It's this thing that's looming, and you can control it.
- I think it's more interesting to see people who don't feel appropriately. I relate to that, because sometimes I don't feel anything at all for things I'm supposed to, and other times I feel too much. It's not always like it is in the movies.
- I think we're very complicated and we're capable of all kinds of things, and movies don't reflect that.
- If I eat a huge meal and I can get the girl to rub my belly, I think that's about as romantic as I can think of.
- If the character is true, the movie will fall into place. Or at least that's what you hope.