Quotes by Sebastian Vettel
- All in all it was a smooth race, the car was very well balanced. I'm very proud to be the first winner here in India.
- Driving at high speed where safe and legal is part of my life. As well as a higher top speed I wanted even better stability in my FX and that meant work on the aerodynamics.
- I come from an ordinary family - my dad is a carpenter, a roof-maker - and we've always loved racing together.
- I don't care what other people think as long as I am happy. The day I die or retire, I have blown all my chances because I don't have the chance any more to change my image as an F1 driver.
- I remember my first test in F1. After five laps, I came back to the pits and tried to play it cool - 'Oh yeah, I'm fine, I'm on top of this' - but I was completely lost.
- It's a tricky place, especially the last sector. I wasn't happy in practice. I wasn't happy with the car and I wasn't happy with myself. But I always thought there was more in the car.
- Qualifying is all about putting everything that you have and that the car has in one lap. It's like a rush, I really enjoy that.
- Simply racing a Formula 1 car is an achievement.
- The bottom line is what we do might not be the safest so there is always some risk but we are ready to take that into account because we love racing and we love motor sports and it is dangerous.
- There is no secret, once we go to qualifying, we all seem to enjoy it. Qualifying is all about putting everything that you have and that the car has in one lap. It's like a rush, I really enjoy that.
- We always kept believing in ourselves and our team and the car.
- When you walk the track and you see a corner and realise you were going round it at 160mph, you wonder who could be so stupid to take a corner at that speed. But in the car, you don't even think about that.