Quotes by Seth Lloyd
- Computers are famous for being able to do complicated things starting from simple programs.
- Instead of having to be a member of the Royal Society to do science, the way you had to be in England in the 17th, 18th, centuries today pretty much anybody who wants to do it can, and the information that they need to do it is there.
- Of course, not everybody's willing to go out and do the experiments, but for the people who are willing to go out and do that, - if the experiments don't work, then it means it's not science.
- Science consists exactly of those forms of knowledge that can be verified and duplicated by anybody.
- Similarly, another famous little quantum fluctuation that programs you is the exact configuration of your DNA.
- Something else has happened with computers.
- What's happened with society is that we have created these devices, computers, which already can register and process huge amounts of information, which is a significant fraction of the amount of information that human beings themselves, as a species, can process.