Quotes by Shawn Johnson
- Gymnastics taught me everything - life lessons, responsibility and discipline and respect.
- I had a constant fear, a constant little doubt in my mind: 'OK, I'm getting ready to do my standing back full on beam and I might re-tear my ACL.'
- I have a chaperone everywhere I go - my mom.
- I pay attention to my diet to be a healthier gymnast, but I'm not obsessive over it.
- I was at the Olympic Games winning medals and I still doubted my image. I doubted what I looked like. That's sad.
- I'm doing four hours of gymnastics training a day, six days a week and then an extra two to three hours in a fitness center as well.
- I'm pleased to say my knee feels a lot better. It's still not back to normal, and I don't know if it ever will be, but I'm learning to deal with it instead of expecting it to be like it was before.
- I'm trying to stay as calm as possible and focus one day at a time, but when reality sets in, I feel everything: anxiety, excitement, nerves, pressure and joy.
- It sounds funny, but the 2008 Olympics were something that just kind of happened, and I was lucky they came at a point when I was uninjured and well prepared. As a gymnast, you can't ask for much more.
- My parents- they've been my biggest influences and supporters since day one. They teach me every day that happiness comes from within and not from something outside of your heart.
- Something my mom taught me when I was little is that everything happens for a reason.
- The body is an amazing machine... If you eat the right things your body will perform incredibly well!
- We're taught at such a young age that you can always be better and that you're never perfect and that you're never good enough.
- When I was younger, my coach, Liang Chow, made all the decisions. I would go to the gym for practice, do exactly what Chow told me to do, go home, come back and start all over again. If Chow told me to do 50 squat jumps, I did 50 squat jumps.