Quotes by Sivananda
- A desire arises in the mind. It is satisfied immediately another comes. In the interval which separates two desires a perfect calm reigns in the mind. It is at this moment freed from all thought, love or hate. Complete peace equally reigns between two mental waves.
- Always do good to others. Be selfless. Mentally remove everything and be free. This is divine life. This is the direct way to Moksha or salvation.
- Complete peace equally reigns between two mental waves.
- Crave for a thing, you will get it. Renounce the craving, the object will follow you by itself.
- Do not brood over your past mistakes and failures as this will only fill your mind with grief, regret and depression. Do not repeat them in the future.
- Do not love leisure. Waste not a minute. Be bold. Realize the Truth, here and now!
- Go beyond science, into the region of metaphysics. Real religion is beyond argument. It can only be lived both inwardly and outwardly.
- Moral values, and a culture and a religion, maintaining these values are far better than laws and regulations.
- Put your heart, mind, and soul into even your smallest acts. This is the secret of success.
- The harder the struggle, the more glorious the triumph. Self-realization demands very great struggle.
- There is no end of craving. Hence contentment alone is the best way to happiness. Therefore, acquire contentment.
- There is something good in all seeming failures. You are not to see that now. Time will reveal it. Be patient.