Quotes by St Vincent
- Beauty is whatever gives joy.
- Fashion, for me, is anything that's aesthetic and beautiful. Art, food, film. It's something that I appreciate and really like.
- God, I can push the grass apart and lay my finger on Thy heart.
- I am glad that I paid so little attention to good advice had I abided by it I might have been saved from some of my most valuable mistakes.
- I grew up in Texas and we used to go to Padre Island, eight hours in the car down to the beach.
- I remember looking at the sky and thinking that the universe is so big and it's all chaos. I call it 'the dark fear.' At any moment, the dark fear could come in.
- I've been so entwined with technology since I was about 15, recording myself and multitracking and producing things on my own.
- In regards to being a fashion aficionado, there's a certain amount of taking yourself seriously in the professional world. The self-effacing person can't completely go down the serious road. But I design, and love when things are beautiful.
- Life can be challenging and sad... but music is the easy part.
- Music my rampart, and my only one.
- My dad used to love Steely Dan, the Stones, Jethro Tull and all that. There was always Steely Dan going in my dad's car, but I remember The Royal Scam in particular because it has 'Kid Charlemagne' on it.
- Not truth, but faith, it is that keeps the world alive.