Quotes by Susan B Anthony
- Failure is impossible.
- I always distrust people who know so much about what God wants them to do to their fellows.
- I distrust those people who know so well what God wants them to do, because I notice it always coincides with their own desires.
- I do not consider divorce an evil by any means. It is just as much a refuge for women married to brutal men as Canada was to the slaves of brutal masters.
- I don't want to die as long as I can work the minute I can not, I want to go.
- I have encountered riotous mobs and have been hung in effigy, but my motto is: Men's rights are nothing more. Women's rights are nothing less.
- I shall earnestly and persistently continue to urge all women to the practical recognition of the old Revolutionary maxim. Resistance to tyranny is obedience to God.
- If all the rich and all of the church people should send their children to the public schools they would feel bound to concentrate their money on improving these schools until they met the highest ideals.
- Independence is happiness.
- Join the union, girls, and together say Equal Pay for Equal Work.
- Men, their rights, and nothing more women, their rights, and nothing less.
- No man is good enough to govern any woman without her consent.
- Oh, if I could but live another century and see the fruition of all the work for women! There is so much yet to be done.
- Organize, agitate, educate, must be our war cry.
- Resolved, that the women of this nation in 1876, have greater cause for discontent, rebellion and revolution than the men of 1776.
- The older I get, the greater power I seem to have to help the world I am like a snowball - the further I am rolled the more I gain.
- Trust me that as I ignore all law to help the slave, so will I ignore it all to protect an enslaved woman.
- Women, we might as well be dogs baying the moon as petitioners without the right to vote!