Quotes by Swami Vivekananda
- As different streams having different sources all mingle their waters in the sea, so different tendencies, various though they appear, crooked or straight, all lead to God.
- External nature is only internal nature writ large.
- God is to be worshipped as the one beloved, dearer than everything in this and next life.
- If faith in ourselves had been more extensively taught and practiced, I am sure a very large portion of the evils and miseries that we have would have vanished.
- If money help a man to do good to others, it is of some value but if not, it is simply a mass of evil, and the sooner it is got rid of, the better.
- May He who is the Brahman of the Hindus, the Ahura-Mazda of the Zoroastrians, the Buddha of the Buddhists, the Jehovah of the Jews, the Father in Heaven of the Christians give strength to you to carry out your noble idea.
- Our duty is to encourage every one in his struggle to live up to his own highest idea, and strive at the same time to make the ideal as near as possible to the Truth.
- Take up one idea. Make that one idea your life - think of it, dream of it, live on that idea. Let the brain, muscles, nerves, every part of your body, be full of that idea, and just leave every other idea alone. This is the way to success.
- The moment I have realized God sitting in the temple of every human body, the moment I stand in reverence before every human being and see God in him - that moment I am free from bondage, everything that binds vanishes, and I am free.
- The more we come out and do good to others, the more our hearts will be purified, and God will be in them.
- The Vedanta recognizes no sin it only recognizes error. And the greatest error, says the Vedanta is to say that you are weak, that you are a sinner, a miserable creature, and that you have no power and you cannot do this and that.
- The world is the great gymnasium where we come to make ourselves strong.
- Truth can be stated in a thousand different ways, yet each one can be true.
- We are what our thoughts have made us so take care about what you think. Words are secondary. Thoughts live they travel far.
- Where can we go to find God if we cannot see Him in our own hearts and in every living being.
- You cannot believe in God until you believe in yourself.
- You have to grow from the inside out. None can teach you, none can make you spiritual. There is no other teacher but your own soul.