Quotes by Tyra Banks
- Black women don't have the same body image problems as white women. They are proud of their bodies.
- Black women have always been these vixens, these animalistic erotic women. Why can't we just be the sexy American girl next door?
- Designers are very fickle. I never wanted to be a victim of that. You're in one minute, out the next.
- I don't go to the cool, trendy restaurants. I go to either the holes in the wall or the super-fancy restaurants where there are no cool people.
- I love all kinds of bread. Whenever I crave junk food, I want salty things like peanuts or potato chips.
- I love food and feel that it is something that should be enjoyed. I eat whatever I want. I just don't overeat.
- I made my living being 20 or 30 pounds heavier than the average model. And that's where I got famous.
- I'm trying to build a strong business. I want to create new stars, new shows and new products for my audience and create a legacy that outlives me. There are so many other ways I want to reach women besides doing a talk show.
- I've been singing for six years. I've been in and out of the studios with top producers, but it wasn't something I was ready to express to the public or to the press. I wasn't ready to come out. I wanted to perfect my voice and be 100 percent positive that I could come out right.
- My mom never taught me to be waiting for some prince on a white horse to swipe me off my feet.
- Paris is one of the most beautiful places in all the world. Unfortunately, I was so homesick I couldn't appreciate its beauty.
- People always ask me if I'm going to stop modeling because I have started an acting career. I hope to continue to model for years to come.
- Smiles come naturally to me, but I started thinking of them as an art form at my command. I studied all the time. I looked at magazines, I'd practice in front of the mirror and I'd ask photographers about the best angles. I can now pull out a smile at will.
- The runway symbolizes something in society that's very intimidating to women.
- There's always going to be dreams and goals I have, but I never really tell people what they are.