Quotes by Whoopi Goldberg
- I don't have pet peeves I have whole kennels of irritation.
- I think the idea that you know who your inner self is on a daily basis, because... you know. What's good for you 25 years ago may not be good for you now. So, to keep in touch with that, I think that's the first ingredient for success. Because if you're a successful human being, everything else is gravy, I think.
- I used my imagination to make the grass whatever color I wanted it to be.
- I'm fighting the label of 'Black' actress simply because it's very limiting in people's eyes, especially people who are making movies.
- It's being willing to walk away that gives you strength and power - if you're willing to accept the consequences of doing what you want to do.
- Sitting at the table during Color Purple and looking up and suddenly realizing I was acting in front of Steven Spielberg, was pretty cool. It was pretty good.
- We're born with success. It is only others who point out our failures, and what they attribute to us as failure.
- When I was doing ensemble theater and comedy work, I felt I had some talents. But when I started doing my shows in Berkeley and found that I could be funny on my own, I was shocked.
- When you are kind to someone in trouble, you hope they'll remember and be kind to someone else. And it'll become like a wildfire.
- You know, be an actor because you love to act. Don't be an actor because you think you're going to get famous, because that's luck.