Quotes by William Arthur Ward
- A warm smile is the universal language of kindness.
- A well-developed sense of humor is the pole that adds balance to your steps as you walk the tightrope of life.
- Adversity causes some men to break others to break records.
- Change, like sunshine, can be a friend or a foe, a blessing or a curse, a dawn or a dusk.
- Curiosity is the wick in the candle of learning.
- Flatter me, and I may not believe you. Criticize me, and I may not like you. Ignore me, and I may not forgive you. Encourage me, and I will not forget you. Love me and I may be forced to love you.
- Forgiveness is a funny thing. It warms the heart and cools the sting.
- God gave you a gift of 86,400 seconds today. Have you used one to say 'thank you?'
- Happiness is an inside job.
- It is wise to direct your anger towards problems - not people to focus your energies on answers - not excuses.
- Opportunities are like sunrises. If you wait too long, you miss them.
- The mediocre teacher tells. The good teacher explains. The superior teacher demonstrates. The great teacher inspires.
- The pessimist complains about the wind the optimist expects it to change the realist adjusts the sails.
- When we seek to discover the best in others, we somehow bring out the best in ourselves.
- Wise are those who learn that the bottom line doesn't always have to be their top priority.