Quotes by Ziggy Marley
- God is like the sun. When the sun shines, it shines for everyone. God is for everyone.
- I am a leader. Leaders always get heat. They're always going against the grain. Jimi Hendrix got heat Bob Marley got heat Miles Davis got heat. Every great artist got heat. Heat means you're doing something right.
- I left Jamaica for a while, because as an artist I need to experience different things, see the world, have different energies. Living in one place is not good for me.
- I think my type of personality has all music inside of it, so I am full of music, without even knowing it, without even learning it, without even hearing it.
- I used to have this little mouse. I buy birds from the pet store and I let them go.
- I would look at a dog and when our eyes met, I realized that the dog and all creatures are my family. They're like you and me.
- If religion had a good purpose, then man would have created something great. But we're man: we mess up everything. We mess up nature. We mess up God. We take what is given to us and make it into what we think it should be.
- Last time I was in Jamaica I financed a teacher to teach in an orphanage.
- My dream is to live a good life and be loving, be close to God and be a good human being and bring peace to people.
- My father, his spirit is with me constantly, and I'm a believer in that world and the world of dreams and that stuff.
- Religion has become so many different things. Religion is an economic thing for some people. Religion is a gun.
- The music I do is food... that will be your dinner.
- The political system is not for the people. The people are secondary to the economy. It's about what generates money, not about what benefits the people.
- There is a physical relationship with a woman that you don't have with anybody else, but that's not about love. Love is a spiritual thing.