Smart Surge Protector
Geeni Surge is a smart surge protector that falls short on automation and documentation.
22:19 23 August 2017
Geeni Surge is a smart plug outlet that you can control via a smartphone app. It features four surge-controlled outlets, four-port USB chargers and an app-based individual outlet control. Its smartphone app has easy controls for manually switching outlets on and off that can also be accessed outside your network so you can remotely control switches when you’re away.
Unfortunately, the Surge has several issues and falls short on many areas, including the following:
· Incomplete, poorly written documentation
· Lack of information about the Scenes feature on the app’s main screen
· Lack of information about the Alarm option for the outlet’s configuration
· Nonfunctional Alarm feature – Its Alarm feature does not set alarms at all but rather works like those vacation timers for lights that you have place pegs in for switching power on and off.
· Failure to provide detailed information about its actual surge protection, which is noted as a non-standard 460 joules
· Lack of “protected” or similar LED found on other surge protectors, which indicates the surge protection remains active
Disclaimer: Supanet is not responsible for, and disclaims any and all liability for the content of comments written by contributors to this website