Troubleshooting Internet Connection Speeds
Everybody experiences slow Internet from time to time.
11:41 26 September 2017
This happens frequently to those who live in rural areas and even to some users living in cities and paying for superfast Internet. However, sometimes, the lag might be caused by other factors that your Internet service provider (ISP) has no control of. To figure out if this is the case, here are some things that you can try:
For Mac users
· Go to Open Wireless Diagnostics and click the Window Scan – This will prompt your computer to show the recommended channels that you can use. For example, if you’re on Channel No. 1, but the best 2.4Ghz channel is No.3, you’ll be able to switch to get faster connection.
· For your iPhone, download the AirPort Utility app and go to the phone’s settings
· From the Airport Utility app, enable “WiFi Scanner”, which you can use to scan your house for Wi-Fi networks and note which channels are commonly used by your neighbour’s networks.
· Log in to your router on your computer by typing your router’s IP address into your browser. Then, go to Wireless Settings where you can change the channel to one of the recommended options.
For Windows users
· Identify which channel is least congested using NirSoft WifiIntoView.
· Once you found the channel, log onto your router’s web interface into your web browser.
· Click on the WiFi settings tab and locate the WiFi channel option and choose the best channel you have identified earlier.
Disclaimer: Supanet is not responsible for, and disclaims any and all liability for the content of comments written by contributors to this website