A few points relating to travel insurance
A few aspects to consider
09:49 24 August 2013
Here are a few things to keep in mind if you are in need of travel insurance.
- Certain areas require special consideration, if you’ll be around active volcanoes or other potentially dangerous natural phenomenon.
- Consider the amount of time you will be travelling. You may opt for a year-round travel insurance plan, or perhaps just for the few days out of the year that you decide to travel. Most insurance companies offer a choice to fit any travel need.
- Know the limitations of the various travel insurance plans, such as pet coverage. Some travel insurance may cover a few things while others may cover nothing to do with pets, meaning you’d have to obtain separate pet insurance for your travels.
- If you plan on certain types of activities such as bungee jumping, skydiving, white water rafting or other risky activities, be sure to inform your travel insurance agent. Some companies offer additional specialized protection for a nominal fee.
- Find out if the travel insurance plan provides replacement documents in the event that yours are lost or stolen.
Each travel insurance provider may have their own offerings, so do a comparison to be sure you get the best plan for your needs.