05:02 08 May 2010
A perfect recipe for those looking for a quick and easy lunch.
10 minutes to prepare and cook.
See “10 Minute Tasters” for more recipes
|For the patties:
410g can chickpeas, drained
400g can flageolet beans, drained
½ onion, finely chopped
1 egg, beaten with pepper
½ tsp turmeric and paprika
1 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
25g / 1oz breadcrumbs
Oil for frying
|For the relish:
1 orange, peeled and segmented
1 red onion, finely sliced
1 tbsp chopped coriander
2 pitta breads
1. Put all the ingredients for the patties in a large bowl and mash with a fork. The mixture should have the texture of lumpy mashed potatoes.
2. Take 1 tablespoon of the mixture at a time and form into a ball.
3. Press down to form a little patty and grill for 4 minutes on each side until golden brown.
4. Mix together the relish ingredients.
5. Serve the relish in warm pitta bread with plenty of mixed salad.
This recipe and image is copyrighted to Canned Food UK.
Disclaimer: Supanet is not responsible for, and disclaims any and all liability for the content of comments written by contributors to this website
x Share us on Facebook