06:02 20 January 2010
This dish is the ideal starter to serve at any dinner party - easy to make and suitable for vegetarians.
40 minutes to prepare and cook. Serves 4.
See “Can-Veniently Nutritious” for more recipes
|410g can vegetarian chilli 99% fat free
227g can chopped tomatoes
290g can mushrooms, drained
225g long grain cooked rice
1 cinnamon stick
|50g cashew nuts, roughly chopped
A little olive oil
4 red peppers
1 small pot natural yogurt
Handful of chopped fresh mint
¼ cucumber, finely chopped
1. Preheat the oven to 400F/200C/Gas Mark 6.
2. Empty the vegetable chilli and tomatoes into a saucepan and heat gently until just starting to bubble.
3. Add the rice, cinnamon and cloves. Heat gently for 4 minutes. Remove the cinnamon and cloves and add the cashew nuts.
4. Halve the red peppers and remove the seeds. Brush with a little olive oil and place on a baking sheet, spoon the chilli into the peppers and bake for 20-25 minutes until the chilli is heated through and the peppers still slightly crunchy.
5. Mix together the yoghurt, cucumber and mint and chill until ready to serve.
6. Serve with the yoghurt dressing, baby spinach and tomato salad.
This recipe and image is copyrighted to Canned Food UK.
Disclaimer: Supanet is not responsible for, and disclaims any and all liability for the content of comments written by contributors to this website
x Share us on Facebook