How important to know your credit report?
Quick tips to guide you through
05:12 28 August 2013
The use of credit card in our societies today is very important because it makes purchase of goods quite easy. Most times the cash in your wallet is not enough to purchase what you want and that's where credit card can come into play. While applying for credit card, you'll have to be extremely cautious because leaving out one or two things could lead to the rejection of your application. I will be listing the steps needed to apply for a credit card below.
- Whatever information on the application form you feel may not be vital to you is vital to the credit card issuer so make sure you fill all fields required of you especially your personal information and go through it again and again
- Make sure you read through the form over again and concentrate on the terms and conditions
- If you get confused as you fill in the form, don't keep it to yourself but seek help from neighbours or friends that have done it before.
- You should know your credit reports as it helps you realize if there is anything that needs to be cleared because existing marks against you is enough to hamper your chances of getting approved
- The credit card you apply for must fit your financial income so if the amount is high, including all your household income will improve your chances of approval
- I re-emphasize on the fact that you check your application thoroughly before sending it for approval and focus on your personal information section
- Don't give up if your application gets rejected since other factors could contribute to it, so call the creditor and ask if there is any other information needed for the approval process so you can get the info to them and get your card approved