14:15 19 December 2012
Christmas is usually the time of the year when people across the country come together to eat, drink and be merry. Sometimes, over-eating and over indulging can’t be avoided. However, there are some simple steps to ensure that you stay healthy this season:
1. Move and dance. Although the temperature can be wickedly cold, it’s not enough reason to stay in bed all day. Enjoy the outdoors and if possible, have snowball fights with your loved ones. The key here is to move as long as possible not just to shake off the cold weather but also to stimulate your metabolism.
2. Watch what you eat. Truth be told, over-indulging one day each year isn’t harmful to your health. So, if you feel like eating as much turkey as possible during Christmas dinner, that’s fine. The key is knowing how to balance your food intake. If you intend to eat more than what you normally consume, eat something light the day before.
3. Avoid a hangover. Waking up with a terribly heavy head isn’t fun. So, avoid a hangover. It’s perfectly okay to drink during the holidays. The trick is to monitor the number of glasses that you drink. Drink in moderation. Also, eat before you consume any alcohol.
4. Sleep. People usually get excited when holidays are fast approaching as a result, they don’t get as much sleep as they need. However, being sleepy during parties isn’t the way to celebrate the holidays. So, ensure you get at least 8 hours sleep every night.
5. Pamper yourself. Most adults find Christmas very stressful. Finding the right gift for everybody and coping with Christmas rush isn’t exactly enjoyable. If you’re feeling the pressure or if you’re stressed, get yourself a good massage.
Disclaimer: Supanet is not responsible for, and disclaims any and all liability for the content of comments written by contributors to this website
x Share us on Facebook