12:23 08 July 2010
Jonathan Ross will host a new chat show on ITV from next year, it has been confirmed.
The outspoken presenter has inked a major new contract with ITV for a new 18-episode series which is expected to be on air in late 2011 that will see him collect a £1.5m cheque - £900,000 for presenting the show while the rest goes towards his costs as a producer.
It represents a big step down from his £18m three-year BBC contract that was not renewed.
Ross said: "I am thrilled and excited that after a short break I will be rolling up my sleeves and creating a brand new show for ITV1.
"I have worked successfully with most of the key figures at the network in the past and cannot wait to get back on screen with a fast, funny, and unpredictable new talk show."
Last month Ross said he was planning on taking a "gap year" after the show came to an end. He quipped: "I have a little spare time at the beginning of 2011, so if England needs a temporary new manager I'll consider it."
Jonathan's final BBC chat show, 'Friday Night With Jonathan Ross', airs a week on Friday. Its star line-up features David Beckham and Hollywood star Jackie Chan. He also fronted a film programme and a radio slot for the corporation.
Ross is one of three BBC presenters to defect to ITV in recent weeks, with Adrian Chiles and Christine Bleakley leaving 'The One Show' to work together on the GMTV sofa later this year.
Disclaimer: Supanet is not responsible for, and disclaims any and all liability for the content of comments written by contributors to this website
x Share us on Facebook