Marring of painting coincides with Fathers4Justice court appearance
The key to success is to prepare for the unexpected whenever possible.
10:01 04 July 2013
A painting was thought to have been attacked by the Fathers4Justice group, but luckily Constable’s The Hay Wainpainting was undamaged and is back on display. The event was unexpected after the announcement that the group would not be engaging with media or other political groups.
Just like our own lives, there are times when the unexpected can unsettle us, or even throw us into a financial downward spiral. Here are a few ways to avoid a downward spiral and prepare for the unexpected.
- Establish savings—this is the key to remaining successful when it comes to unexpected financial issues. Savings provides you with a cushion of protection against the everyday things that could occur like broken dishwashers, vehicle maintenance, or even replacing that outfit that was ruined in the washer.
- Resources—do a little bit of research to find out what types of resources are available to you, and what types of financial situations might be covered. You may have more options than you realize to help you combat the potential of a downward financial spiral.
- Short term loans—these might be able to prevent some issues if you simply don’t have the funds immediately accessible, but will have them in the near future. If you’re at a financial precipice, consider that short term loan.
- Review existing accounts—probably the most effective way to avoid potential financial pitfalls is to review statements on banking accounts, credit cards, and other bills so you always know the status of your finances. You’ll know if things are looking extremely tight, or if you have a larger expense every six months.
- Set goals—if you set financial goals for both expenses and savings, you should be a few steps closer to being able to weather some unexpected issues when they do occur. The planning is essential to financial success.