10 things about the iPad 3
09:15 08 March 2012
The wait is finally over. Apple's third iPad has been launched and will be available to buy in the UK from 16 March.
With prices starting at around £399, we take a look at 10 things you need to know about this latest iPad version to help you make up your mind...
- The iPad 2 is £40 cheaper than the original iPad when it was released in May 2010
- Take the best photos on an iPad ever with the new iPad's 5-megapixel camera
- The camera also allows the user to record video in full HD
- Apple have boasted that the picture resolution is so crisp on the new model, that words will appear sharper than words in print
- The screen resolution is four times higher than in the iPad 2
- The latest version is powered by a high-speed A5x chip, putting the Apple tablet ahead of its rivals
- The device is just 9.4mm thick
- The processor is fast enough to handle a 3D game, Sky Gamblers, with 50 fighter planes battling on screen at once
- There are a number of new apps designed especially for the iPad 3, including versions of iWork apps such as iPhoto
- The tablet has a battery life of up to 10 hours
You can pre-order the new iPad now from the Apple website.