New commission to keep press in line
People want the government to invest in a future that is free and just.
07:36 14 July 2013
The public is waiting for new legislation regarding the ability of the press to interfere in the private lives of citizens. Many people want to ensure that proper procedures are used to gain information, and that compliance with laws is enforced.
A new regulatory body was recommended, but critics feel it is not enough to make a difference. Many have invested a lot of time and effort in the hope that it will pay off with altered regulation of the press and what is allowed.
We all invest in something; here are a few of the ways:
- Time—it’s already been mentioned, but many of us invest a lot of time trying to ensure that we accomplish certain goals, whether it’s financially, socially, or personally. Many times, we need to invest time in multiple capacities in order to affect all of the various aspects. Sometimes investing time socially ends up reaping financial rewards later.
- Money—this is what most people think of when they consider how best to invest. Portfolio managers can help you make good financial decisions so that you can accomplish your goals for the future.
- Humanity—helping someone in a different country start a business by deciding to invest in a start-up might not be as lucrative as investing in larger, established corporation but it allows you to help your fellow person as well. The result is financial payoff, and also an emotional payoff.
- Principles—this may not always have a monetary reward for us, but if we choose to invest in something we truly believe in, chances are we won’t regret the money we spend doing that, or the time.
- Resources—many of us might not be able to invest monetarily in something that we would like to invest in. There are other ways to invest like volunteering, transportation, teaching skills, or sharing other resources you might possess.