Northern Ireland wind farm: spawn improvements
Find out some of the positive and negative aspects of the new wind farm project.
10:13 13 May 2013
Northern Ireland is implementing green technology and creating jobs simultaneous with the construction of a wind farm that could provide energy for up to 8,000 homes each year. This could help with many things from employment opportunities to other financial improvements.
What are the potential positive aspects of implementing the wind farm?
- Ecology—there is the most obvious factor which benefits the environment and reduces the need for traditional energy.
- Habits—switching to green technology show good habits and dedication to improving surroundings for future generations.
- Employment—the wind farm expects to create approximately 20 more jobs which mean possible financial improvements for a quite a few families.
- Example—the wind farm can prompt action in other areas which can benefit from the creation of more jobs, as well as the benefits of green energy.
- Costs—not only does the wind farm create financial improvements for workers, but it should also allow the cost of energy to be reduced which means many people are able to benefit from reduced energy bills.
What are the potential negative aspects of implementing the wind farm?
- Land use—wind farms can span over an extensive area which may also reduce land available for other uses.
- Aesthetics—some people feel the look of wind farms mars the natural beauty of the countryside.
- Tourism—if a portion of the economy in the area is from tourism, the aesthetic problems could mean a loss of significant income.
- Costs—while the possibility exist in that energy costs may decrease, there is the alternate possibility that funding the farm may end up driving prices up for a little bit or that the savings from the project may not be worth the other effects from it.
The wind farm project certainly has the potential to create financial improvements for many families, and could set an excellent trend, but the people will need to decide if the benefits outweigh the negatives.