06:58 24 March 2011
This traditional favourite takes little effort to make - a decadent delight!
40 minutes to prepare and chill. Serves 4.
See “u.can cook” for more recipes devised with James Martin
300g can raspberries, drained (reserving syrup)
425g can custard
300ml whipping cream
60g trifle sponges
1 Tbsp flaked/grated chocolate to decorate
1. Place raspberries in the base of a trifle dish.
2. Arrange the trifle sponges around the edge of the dish.
3. Drizzle 2 tablespoons of the reserved raspberry syrup over the sponge.
4. Pour the custard into the trifle dish and level the surface.
5. Whip the cream until thick and then spoon over custard.
6. Sprinkle with the flaked or grated chocolate.
7. Chill for 30 minutes and serve.
Sat Fat: 19.7g
This recipe and image is copyrighted to Canned Food UK.