06:37 25 January 2011
An Italian favourite and full of protein. The bacon and celery add extra flavours to this classic dish.
25 minutes to prepare and cook. Serves 4.
See “u.can cook” for more recipes devised with James Martin
500g beef mince
400g can chopped tomatoes
285g can button mushrooms, drained
1 red onion, finely diced
3 rashers streaky bacon, finely sliced
1 stick celery, finely diced
1 Tbsp tomato puree
2 cloves garlic, crushed
1 Tbsp oil
300g spaghetti or pasta shapes
25g Parmesan, grated
1. In a large saucepan heat oil and fry onion until soft.
2. Add garlic, bacon and celery and fry until bacon begins to brown.
3. Add mince and brown well.
4. Stir in tomatoes, stock and tomato puree, bring to the boil and then simmer gently for 15 minutes.
5. Add mushrooms and gently heat through.
6. Serve with spaghetti or pasta, sprinkled with grated Parmesan cheese.
7. Delicious served with garlic bread.
Freezing: Bolognese sauce can be portioned and freezes well.
Sat Fat: 8.6g
This recipe and image is copyrighted to Canned Food UK.