Tuna with Black Bean & Mango Salsa
07:04 21 August 2011
20 minutes to prepare and cook. Serves 4.
4 tuna steaks
4 Tbsp light soy sauce
1 Tbsp olive oil
For the salsa:
400g can black beans, drained
400g can mango slices, drained and finely chopped
2 chillies, chopped
Juice of 1 lime
6 spring onions, chopped
1. Marinate the tuna steaks in the soy sauce whilst preparing the salsa.
2. For the salsa, combine the black beans, chopped mango, chillies, lime juice and spring onions.
3. Heat a griddle plate or BBQ.
4. Dry the tuna on kitchen paper, rub with olive oil and season well.
5. Place the tuna on a griddle or barbecue and cook for about two minutes each side – this will depend on the thickness of the tuna, but avoid overcooking.
6. Serve tuna immediately with mango salsa.
Hints and Tips:
Using canned foods minimises mess – they are already prepared in the can and don’t create leftover food waste.
Sat Fat: 1.6g
This recipe and image is copyrighted to Canned Food UK.