Unexpected costs for trident removal from Scotland
We can all sympathize with managing unexpected costs in our finances.
08:49 08 July 2013
The latest discussion in relation to the quest for Scottish independence is that they would enter negotiations for the removal of Trident, although should not have to bear monetary costs for the actual removal. This does create additional costs for the rest of the UK though, and the issue of finding another place for Trident.
In our personal lives, we sometimes encounter unexpected costs that set our finances back. Here are a few ways that we can overcome the hurdles we experience.
- Prevention—the best way to overcome hurdles is to try and anticipate them before they actually happen. It’s impossible to think of everything that could potentially happen, but if there are more common things such as vehicle breakdowns, or vehicle repairs, you can figure out a plan of how you want to deal with those types of things.
- Savings—setting up a savings account is another way to ensure that your finances are protected from unexpected issues. If nothing happens you simply keep earning more money on the amount you have in savings. This is a rare win-win situation for your finances.
- Knowledge—if you know what resources you have available to you in the event that there is an issue with your finances, you’ll be better prepared to deal with those unexpected circumstances. At the very least, you’ll know who to contact for assistance.
- Negotiating—you never know how effective it might be to try and negotiate with your different bill companies to find out if they can accommodate a special payment amount or alternate payment schedule. You might find surprising relief for your finances just by asking about your options.
- Minimize—if you need a few funds to get by until your next payday, you might be able to sell a few things to local shops such as pawn shops and acquire enough to bolster your finances to avoid loans.