10 things about the iPad 2
March's top gadgetsWhat's set to hitstores this spring?
16:51 22 March 2011
The wait is finally over. The iPad 2 comes out on 25 March in the UK.
With prices starting at arounf £399, we take a look at 10 things you need to know about this latest iPad version to help you make up your mind...
- The iPad 2 is £40 cheaper than the original iPad when it was released in May 2010
- It is 33 per cent thinner than its predecessor, at 8.3mm - making it thinner than an iPhone 4
- Despite its faster processor and other added features, the iPad 2 will have the same 10 hour battery life as the iPad.
- Speaking of that faster processor, it's actually twice as fast as the original thanks to dual-core architecture
- There's a new Smart Cover available for the iPad 2, which folds into a makeshift stand and wakes the screen when it's lifted
- The iPad 2 comes with a front camera for Facetime or Photobooth
- It also has a back camera that can also be used with Facetime and iMovie
- There is an option for an HDMI connection with the iPad 2 when you buy an additional cable, so you can connect it to your TV screen to watch films or mirror exactly what you're doing on the iPad 2
- Apple have released a range of Apps especially for the iPad 2
- The iPad 2 comes with iOS 4.3 which lets you use your iPhone 4 as a personal MiFi device, creating your own wireless hotspot, allows for imporved AirPlat and Wifi sharing via iTunes and lets you set the mute/rotation lock switch to do one or the other.