3 Industries That Are Just Getting Started in Tech
No matter how you feel about the technology that surrounds us, it's hard to deny its impact on our lives.
11:05 16 January 2023
No matter how you feel about the technology that surrounds us, it's hard to deny its impact on our lives. Technology is everywhere, from phones and laptops to cars and even clothes. Despite the fact that the industry has penetrated every aspect of people’s lives, not all industries have embraced technology equally.
Several industries, such as shipping, sports, and construction, are just now realizing how they can improve their productivity and efficiency by incorporating some new ideas to improve how things are done. The following are three areas where technology is becoming more common and changing the industry.
The use of technology in the sports industry is revolutionizing how people experience and talk about sports. While technology has always been a part of sports for viewers, players and coaches have traditionally played on fields, pitches, or courts without any technology.
Today, technology is transforming how the game is viewed, practiced, and played. Some of the ways technology is transforming sports are listed below.
- Through fantasy leagues, fans can track their favorite players throughout a season or game using advanced statistics and projections.
- In a game, microchips are integrated into various parts. Baseballs are fitted with chips that allow coaches and analysts to measure spin rate, velocity, and trajectory. A similar technology is used in tennis, soccer, and volleyball.
- Viewers can see in real-time what's happening from different angles with 3D displays that allow fans to get more of a real-life view of what’s happening.
- Augmented reality lets fans interact with players using mobile devices at live events or following games.
- Equipment is being developed and computerized to collect data to help improve safety. In the NFL, helmets are microchipped to collect data on hits and contact that players take. The league can take this data and develop safer equipment for the future as well as recommend rule changes to protect players.
The shipping industry is one of the oldest in the world, with ancient civilizations transporting goods long before modern shipping companies appeared. Compared to other industries, shipping and fleets didn't progress at the same pace for years.
Today, shipping companies are utilizing advanced tracking systems to get a package to its destination faster and safer. There is even technology that is now being utilized that predicts how many trucks, planes, and ships will be needed for future orders that haven’t been made yet.
US consumers spent $5.5 trillion online in 2022, making these changes necessary. Millions of packages are sent out by companies like Amazon and Ebay every year, and these technologies have allowed them to continue moving and arriving in a timely manner.
There is more to construction than just building homes and roads. In the past few years, the industry has become more intelligent and connected, which has enabled it to become more efficient. Through the incorporation of technology into construction companies' operations, cities, buildings, roads and bridges can be built smarter.
One of the companies that is helping to revolutionize the construction industry is Cetaris. Cetaris offers fleets the ability to track their inventory as well as make repairs to equipment well before anything breaks down. This allows for equipment to be used for much longer.
The world is changing as a result of technology. It has already begun to revolutionize many industries and make lives easier for people who work within them. As technology advances, even more opportunities will open up for businesses to improve their processes and save money on their operations.