- Change theme
it's an internet thing! est 1999
3 Places in Your Home That Are Perfect for Removable Wallpaper
Adding a removable wallpaper to your space is a great way to make it look more attractive and add a little touch of magic to your home.
02:34 25 April 2022
Adding a removable wallpaper to your space is a great way to make it look more attractive and add a little touch of magic to your home. Removable wallpaper is a great option for renters or people who like to change the look of their spaces often.
Removable wallpaper is exactly what it sounds like: wallpaper that can be removed from the walls of your home with just water. It can be used in places around your home that don't get a lot of wear and tear.
Here’s why you should consider adding removable wallpaper to your home
- Removable wallpaper is a great option if you want to add a splash of color or pattern to your home without making a long-term commitment.
- It's easy to apply. If you've ever tried applying wallpaper in the past, then you know how complicated that can be. Fortunately, this isn't the case with removable wallpaper. It's extremely easy to apply and doesn't require any special tools or skills (other than having decent hand-eye coordination).
- It’s easy to clean. Removable wallpaper is built tough so that it can withstand anything that comes its way in your space. In other words, if something spills on it, all you have to do is wipe it up with a dry cloth or paper towel.
- It looks great! The best part about using removable wallpaper in your home is that it looks fantastic. No matter what color scheme or design scheme you choose for the rest of your decorating project, this material will fit right in—and make everything look even better than before.
- The best part? It’s removable. If the paper gets dirty or if you want to change it out later on down the road, there’s no need for solvents or elbow grease: Simply pull it off the wall as carefully and slowly as possible, then enjoy your clean slate.
A few things to note when using a removable wallpaper
- To make a small space appear larger and more inviting, consider the power of vertical stripes! When striped wallpaper panels are hung vertically and converge at the corners, it creates an optical illusion that draws the walls up toward the ceiling and makes it feel more spacious.
- Rough-textured removable wallpaper made with natural fibers like flax can add depth and interest to plain walls; just be sure not to place it in areas where you need a lot of light (such as near windows) because it could reduce light's ability to shine through into your room. If you have stone countertops or backsplashes with interesting patterns in your kitchen, look for removable wallpaper that mimics those patterns so you can continue them onto other walls in the nearby room!
Here are three places that are perfect for removable wallpaper;
A Foyer or Entryway
The entryway is the first part of the house the visitors see. You can make a good first impression with wallpaper on your entryway walls. You can use bold, temporary wallpaper in your entryway to make a statement and impress your guests. The foyer is the first space guests see when entering your home, so this is a great opportunity for you to set the tone for what they will see as they explore your home.
You might choose to use a removable wallpaper that complements or matches the wallcoverings in other rooms of your home or opt for something completely different that adds an unexpected surprise.
In your kitchen
If you are looking for a temporary solution to an outdated backsplash, then removable wallpaper is the answer. You can consider this option if you are renting your home and want to give it a new look without getting in trouble with your landlord.
If you love a trendy look, then you'll love using removable wallpaper as a backsplash. This is the perfect place to go bold and daring in your kitchen because it is fairly easy to remove later if you change your mind or prefer something different.
- Cabinet Face Makeover
Give your cabinets an instant facelift by updating their doors with removable wallpaper. It's such an easy way to update their appearance, especially if they're all one color and solid wood. Simply create new cabinet fronts out of cardboard, plywood, or foam board, cut them down so that they fit on each door, and glue on some colorful paper! If you feel like changing things up again six months from now, simply remove the old paper and stick on another design!
- Focal Point
Incorporate removable wallpaper into your kitchen decor by creating a focal point for the room. Use bold colors or patterns that contrast with other decor elements in the space to make it stand out. A focal point can be anything from built-in shelving units painted white while keeping their trim black, artwork hanging above them, or even just an accent wall behind where people usually congregate during family meals.
In your kid's room
If your kids love bright colors and imaginative patterns, removable wallpaper is a great way to bring that sense of fun into their space without worrying about the possibility of permanence. You can add a fanciful scene to an accent wall or cover a closet door with something eye-catching and colorful—if you later decide it needs to be replaced, the paper will come right off with no damage done to your walls. It gives you the option of swapping out designs as your children grow, while also being cheaper than paint and easier to apply than stencils.
To wrap up
Removable wallpaper is the perfect way to keep a rental property looking great, but also to fully customize your space.
With removable wallpapers, you have the option to change it whenever you want should you feel like going with another wallpaper or getting rid of it entirely. A peel and stick wallpaper with floral patterns can be a great addition to your home that you can do on your own.