14:19 12 January 2013
With the start of January you’ll probably see plenty of holiday adverts. There are many cheap deals that travellers can take advantage of. However, if you’re planning on booking a trip in the future, here are 5 cheap destinations in Europethat you can base your holiday on.
1. Bulgaria: Bulgaria, which is situated in the south-east of Europe, is fast becoming a popular tourist spot. The food there is cheap, largely comprising of meat, and the drink prices aren’t far behind. Different to what we sometimes pay for a pint of beer in the UK! If you want to skip the capital Sofia and make Plovdiv your destination, you can experience a place with a bohemian feel to it. There are also Roman amphitheatres situated there for you to enjoy.
2. France: Paris is a great spot if you’re looking for an easy getaway from the UK. As well as being hugely accessible to many other European countries, France has much to offer. And it doesn’t have to cost the earth. Why not drive along the Channel Tunnel or take a cheap ferry from England’s south coast – the crossing times vary day and night so you can choose which is best for you. While you are there, be sure to enjoy the French cuisine by visiting a café, especially if you’re on a shoestring budget.
3. Latvia: Based in the Baltic region of Europe, Latvia sits above Lithuania and below Estonia. Many clubbers make this European country their holiday destination, although it has much to offer to other holiday makers. Flights to Latvia are affordable and accommodation can be inexpensive also. In parts the price of food is a little higher than what you may pay for a meal in other European countries, but when in the capital Riga, be sure to try the local liquor! You can travel for cheap around the area too.
4. Poland: Based in central Europe, Poland is cheap to travel to as there are many flight deals to take advantage of. If you visit Wroctaw in particular, which is a large city that offers rich history, there are plenty of places offering cheap food. There are also bars where you can taste the country’s traditional fare.
5. Spain: There are always cheap deals for flights and accommodation to be had in Spain all year round. You might want to check with your local travel agent or even jump on the internet to check the dates for when you want to go on holiday, but there are always cheap holidays to be enjoyed with this European country.
Disclaimer: Supanet is not responsible for, and disclaims any and all liability for the content of comments written by contributors to this website