5 Essential Tips For Hiring An Entertainer For Corporate Events
Back in the day, corporate events used to take place in a strictly formal atmosphere.
14:55 24 March 2021
They were all about acknowledging employees, signing new deals, and poring over possibilities to expand the customer base. However, things have changed over time. Modern-day corporate events are considered incomplete without the element of entertainment.
Spicing up a business occasion with fun could lead to multiple benefits for your company. For example, it will ensure a much-needed break for the attendees after going through the rounds of hectic meetings. Apart from that, entertainment acts are the best tool to maximize the reach of a brand message.
But it would help if you kept in mind that the selection of a corporate entertainer is critical. If you cherry-pick a mediocre performer, the audience will not enjoy the show one bit, not to mention the wastage of money. So how to make sure you get hooked up with the best of the best? Well, read on to find the answer to this puzzle:
Consider Entertainment Options
Depending on the goal, the target audience of a corporate event varies. But the good news is the market offers a diverse range of entertainers to guarantee maximum fun regardless of the audience type. So whether you want to amuse grownup employees or children, there are plenty of options at your disposal. We are listing some of the most popular choices in the following sections:
- Magician: Magic tricks can captivate people of all age groups. Furthermore, a skilled magician provides a personalized experience by involving the crowd. From close-up magic to a complete stage show, corporate magicians worth their salt will have a grasp on all categories. Whether your company is in the USA, Canada, or Sweden, a magician will ensure the best ROI. And if you are running a corporation in Sweden, you can easily book a trollkarl (magician) for your events.
- Comedian: Professionals do not get too many chances to laugh their hearts out. By inviting a standup comedian, you can tickle your employees' funny bones. If a joke goes viral from the event, it will somewhat work as a tool to promote your brand. The best part of collaborating with a comedian is that it does not need a pompous stage setting. You have to give the mike, and he/she will be good to go.
- Hypnotist: A hypnotist can potentially lead you to do silly stuff that will make up for a solid entertainment dose. Hypnotists have an eye for identifying ideal prospects and setting up a great ambiance.
- Mindreader: Mind readers have surged in popularity of late. As the title suggests, these individuals can reveal the darkest secrets of anyone. That said, it is tough to find a talented mentalist. Make sure to conduct thorough research before making the final call.
The list can go on and on. The point being, corporate entertainers exist in an abundance of genres. You can get in touch with the one who aligns with the nature of your event.
Corporate entertainment has become quite a trend. As time goes by, more and more companies rely on enhancing their events' engagement rate. That is one reason why performers have a hectic schedule these days. Therefore, it is highly advisable to reserve your desirable entertainer at the earliest. The last-minute bookings usually cause availability issues for artists.
There is no denying that bands and individuals love to perform in corporate events. It is one of their favorite gigs. But they will have to turn down your offer eventually with a pinch of salt if you do not book them in advance. As a rule of thumb, you should check an entertainer's schedule 6-7 weeks before the event at a minimum.
Another benefit of early booking is that it gives you enough time to incorporate tiny details in the agreement. From usual stuff to any special requirement, make it a point to have everything in black and white. A comprehensive contract will bring clarity to both parties and keep troubles at a safe distance.
Figure Out The Budget
Corporate entertainers do not offer a fixed rate to all clients. They take various factors into account, including venue, date, size of the audience, and many more, before finalizing the price. Resultantly, their charges vary from event to event. It would be wise to determine a budget upfront. Once you specify a certain amount, you are more likely to find the right fit.
A corporate event includes tons of things; food, décor, and marketing, to name a few. Thus, you may have difficulty singling out an adequate amount for entertainment. Guess what? We are mentioning a few tricks that will be useful in hiring a top-notch performer on a budget:
- Go for local talent: The most significant advantage of on-boarding a local performer is that it takes travel expenses out of the equation. Besides, the artist will also save his/her time, which will shrink costs further down the road.
- Shop around: Most event planners stick to the first performer they come across. That is a flawed strategy. You should reach out to as many entertainers as possible. That way, you will be nicely poised to compare quotes and subsequently pick the one falling well within your budget.
- Stay on top of negotiation: When an entertainer discloses the booking fee, it does not mean paying the exact quoted amount. You could reduce it to a considerable degree by bringing negotiation skills into play.
Narrow Down Company Objective
Every corporate event has a specific objective attached to it. Some corporate events help to get maximum eyeballs from potential customers, while others serve to award employees. Nailing the right goal can ease off the selection process.
For example, if you are throwing an appreciation event, a singer may be the most suitable choice. Or, if you are organizing an event to encourage team building, a bingo entertainer could work the best.
Evaluate Performer's Skills
Like other professionals, it is not uncommon for corporate entertainers to boast about their skills. Hence, there is no way you can readily accept their towering claims without sufficient proof. Here is how you can assess whether the artist is worth hiring or not:
- See the performer in action: The easiest way to judge an artist's abilities is to see him/her performing live. But it may not be possible if the artist lives in a distant location. In that case, relying on the videos could be the best bet. Ask the respective entertainers to share their latest performances. Be sure to demand videos where the entertainers are performing in front of a decent crowd. It will unveil their capacity to captivate the audience.
- Tap into testimonials: Almost all corporate entertainers maintain a robust online presence. So reading third-party reviews on the internet can help to sketch a vivid picture about them. Remember, at times, online reviews could get fabricated. You are better off connecting with past clients for genuine feedback. If an entertainer is not comfortable sharing the previous clients' contact details, consider it a red flag.
Inquire About The Set-Up Requirements
As mentioned earlier, a comedian can do the whole with a single mike. However, it may not be the case with a singer or magician. They may require complex equipment for the show. To avoid unnecessary delays, you should arrange everything ahead of time.
The Takeaway Message
Entertainment is an essential feature of a corporate event. While most event planners are well-aware of this reality, they do not know how to hire the best performers. If you are one of them, subscribing to the tips mentioned above could come in handy big time.