- Change theme
it's an internet thing! est 1999
A Brief Guide to Palmistry
The human nature of seeking out the hidden has helped us in evolving as the most intelligent species on the planet.
13:24 13 September 2021
“ln the hand of all men he shall put a mark that everyone may know his own work" ---- Book of Job
We are also intrigued by invisible forces that seem to pull the strings in everything that happens around us. Sometimes, we seek answers in ancient knowledge such as Palmistry. Those who believe in it, reveals information about every aspect of your life ranging from general luck or more concrete like your romantic relationships.
What is Palmistry?
According to Indian Palmistry by Mrs L. B. Dale, Palmistry or Cheiromancy is the practice of foretelling the future by reading and interpreting the 'Lineaments of the hand." Etymologically, it has come from the Greek word Cheiros and Manteia, meaning palm and foretelling respectively as per the official source.
The marks and lines on the palm and their colours and shapes are considered while interpreting. The length of the fingers and fingerprints are also keenly studied.
Palmistry in Ancient Vedic Culture
A person can know about deeply perusing the various marks and signs formed by lines on one’s hand. The Jupiter’s mount, Via Solis, line of Health, Bracelets etc. can be identified with other characteristics to come to a more accurate finding.
The health line can reveal any approaching or descending turbulent health condition. Palmistry can foretell any unfortunate fate that the person is about to meet and provide remedies to avoid them or lessen its ill effects. Here are some important lines in the palm: -
- Heart Line- As the name suggests, the line is indicative of a person’s love life.
- Life Line- The line can tell you whether your expectancy.
- Health Line- A detailed observation can tell everything about a person’s health throughout his life.
- Fate Line- read along with Life Line, this line reveals your competence in facing hurdles that come.
- Head Line- It tells you about the degree of knowledge and intellect you possess. You can know whether a person is materialistic, practical, emotional, or spiritual.
Which hand to present, Left or Right?
If you are wondering which hand is to be presented for reading, the answer is quite obvious. The hand from which you do most of the tasks is to be read.
Therefore, a person whose dominant hand is right shall present the right hand and vice versa. In this case, his left hand would be the passive hand which can tell what type of partner you can get and what type of traits you have inherited from your ancestors.
Types of Palms
According to Coleman’s Mythology of the Hindoos, the Buddha's feet featured a discussion that generally appears on the fingertips. The sages predicted the young prince would rise to a divine stature in his lifetime. Therefore, the types of palms and feet can reveal your fortune.
Types of hands can be categorised into four, each one of them representing an element. The lines of the dominant and passive hands take different turns. Here are simple signs to identify the types of hands: -
- Air Hands- if you have square-shaped palms having thin and clearly articulated lines, along with long fingers, you have air Hands. You are good with people and have a sharp mind. You get bored very often and require a change of scenario to reboot. You crave mental exercises and stability.
- Earth Hands- A square shape hand with thick lines and short fingers is characterised as such. These people are practical, humble and take lead in their romantic lives.
- Fire Hands- A long palm with short fingers and a mesh of lines makes you fearless. They are positive people and risk-takers.
- Water Hands- If you have a long palm with thin lines and unclear lines with soft skin, you have Water hands. These people love to indulge in creative activities and are emotional. They are the sensible ones in their love life and a little naïve.
Lines of your hands appear and vanish as your life progresses. It depends on your visions and approach towards life that really matters. However, if you are planning to take a piece of advice from a palm reader, it is advised to consult one with years of experience.