What DoesThisExam Entail and How Can Practice Tests Ease Your Preparation Process?
11:23 15 April 2020
Many people may not know that back in 2008 CompTIA offered to all the interested candidates to pass two exams out of four. After August 2009, everything has changed. Now there are only two tests in total and you need to pass them both. The world is changing rapidly, and on January 15, 2019, CompTIA has launched a new version of its A+ certificate – a 220‑100x series.
In this certification guide, we will cover the details of one of the current exams – CompTIA 220-1002. Let’s dive into it.
CompTIA A+ Certification and Its 220-1002 (Core 2) Exam
CompTIA 220-1002 is a test associated with the A+ credential. It is one of those exams you have to pass to obtain this certificate. It is actually the second test. The first one to clear is 220-1001.
The ExamSnap exam is mainly designed for those students who want to build their career around the Core domain. This test validates that the applicantshave the proven skills and fundamental knowledge in the area of CompTIA A+. The A+ certificateis globally recognized and is very popular in the IT industry, especially among the professionals in the networking field. If you are considering pursuing this sough-after credential, then you should know more about the couple of the associated examsbecause you will have to take and pass them in order to become a certified specialist.It is important to note that CompTIA 220-1002 is intended for those individuals who possess computer user skills and want to get a job role of an entry-level IT technician.
Prerequisites forCompTIA 220-1002 Exam
CompTIA 220-1002 is a certification exam that is designed for the entry-level IT technicians and covers preventative maintenance, communication, troubleshooting, installation, and basic networking. It is usually revised every three years in order to ensure that its objectives are in line with the most current employment requirements. If you want to qualify for this test, you must have 12 months of experience either in the lab or in the field. If you have this prerequisite, you can go ahead and start preparing for the exam.
Structure and Topics of CompTIA 220-1002 Exam
The 220-1002 certification test comes with about 90 questions (possible types: multiple choice, performance-based, drag and drop). You are supposed to answer all of them within a certain time. The time allocated for the exam is 90 minutes.The passing score is 700 out of 900. Anything below this figure is considered to fail. So, in order to pass this test and get your CompTIA A+ credential, you must pull at least 700 marks. Otherwise, you will have no choice but to reschedule it and take again after some time. The students can take CompTIA 220-1002 in the following languages: English, Spanish, German, Japanese, Portuguese, and Thai.
To be able to pass this certification exam, you need to master itstopic areas and learn all the content. You should know that there are key objectives with a bunch of subtopics to study. Let’s cover them in detail.
This is the first domain given prominence in the CompTIA 220-1002 exam. The topic encompasses several other areas, including but not limited to the following:
- Compare and contrast the types and purposes of common operating systems;
- Compare and contrast the features of the Microsoft Windows version;
- Summarize general OS upgrade methods and installation considerations;
- According to the scenario, effectively configure Microsoft Windows networking on a desktop/client;
- Use the right Microsoft command line tools;
- Given a scenario, use the Microsoft operating system tools and features;
- Use the Microsoft Windows Control Panel utilities;
- According to the scenario, use the tools and features of Linux Mac OS desktop/client operating systems;
- Summarize application installation and configuration concepts.
This is another objective that is given about 24% of prominence in the 220-1002 certification test. The concepts under this topic area include the following:
- Explain logical security concepts;
- Summarize the importance of physical security measures;
- According to the scenario, detect, prevent, and remove malware using appropriate methods and tools;
- Compare and contrast wireless security protocols and authentication methods;
- Compare and contrast the differences in basic security settings of Microsoft Windows OS;
- Compare social engineering, vulnerabilities, and threats;
- Implement the methods for securing mobile devices;
- According to the scenario, implement best security practices to secure a workstation;
- Design and configure security in wired and wireless SOHO networks;
- Implement suitable data disposal and destruction methods.
The next prominent key topic in CompTIA 220-1002 is Software Troubleshooting. It dominates the exam by about 26%. It has various concepts, including but not limited to:
- According to the scenario, troubleshoot mobile OS and application security for other issues;
- Troubleshoot and then resolve PC security issues;
- According to the scenario, troubleshoot problems of Microsoft Windows OS;
- Use best practices to remove malware.
This is the last subjectcovered in this exam. Regarding its prominence, the questions drawn from this domain make up to 23% of the total marks in CompTIA 220‑1002. Under this topic,there are several concepts, such as:
- Implement basic change management practices;
- Compare and contrast best practices associated with types of documentation;
- Explain common safety procedures;
- According to the scenario, implement basic disaster recovery and prevention methods;
- Explain the processes for addressing prohibited activity or content, licensing, privacy, and policy concepts;
- Explain environmental impacts and appropriate controls;
- According to the scenario, use remote access technologies;
- Identify the basics of scripting;
- Use appropriate communication methods and professionalism.
Scheduling for CompTIA 220-1002 Exam
When you have prepared adequately for CompTIA 220-1002 and you feel you are ready to take this test, you can pay the fee, which is $226 for the students in the United States. The pricemayvary in other countries due totax policy. After paying the fee, you can go ahead and apply for the exam.
If you are considering the CompTIA 220-1002 exam but you are wondering where to get updated study materials, then you should have nothing to worry about. For your preparation, you can find everything you need on theExam-Labs website. There are study guides, practice tests, video courses, and braindumps that are verified by the IT experts. These prep resources will help you greatly, so don’t afraid to use them.