Confident Career Change: The 5 Best Careers for Women
The impact of the woman on societies is evident beyond any doubt.
21:53 22 April 2021
Women account for around 50 percent of the global population. Perhaps more important than the male population if not equal. Those societies that limit women's participation in economic activities suffer from slow growth rates and reduced national GDP.
On the other side, women in developed countries play an essential part in all walks of life, including health, IT, military, and governments. There are multiple careers that women can choose that suit them ideally. Although there are no limitations to which profession a lady can adopt, these careers offer more opportunities for women to excel.
5 Best Career Choices for women in the 21st century
W.E.D Dubois once said,
"There is no force equal to a woman determined to rise."
In the 21st century, women are reshaping the world. There is no boundary, no wall, no cage strong enough to halt the progress of a woman who is determined to make a name for herself in any given field.
The careers that women have made their own and offer very little for men to compete with them include medicine, dentistry, florist, IT, and teaching. Women today are serving at the top positions with highly lucrative salaries in humungous organizations. So, limiting women to a few career choices is, for sure, naïve. However, these five career choices can help women establishing themselves with relatively fewer efforts. Why? Because these careers are naturally suited for women because of the kindness and empathetic hay-wiring in their genes. These careers offer the best growth opportunities to women as well as earn them unparalleled respect as compared to their male counterparts.
- Human Resources
- Designing and creativity
Let’s explore what options do women have in each of these sectors.
Health care is one of the most sophisticated, most important, and care-intensive sectors. In the health care sector, the essential employees are often women in the form of doctors, pharmacists, nurses, and dentists, to name a few. Each of these fields is filled with success stories from very successful women in the field.
Amongst the most common reasons for an inherently success-oriented career in health care is that women are born with a caregiving attitude. The motherly nature of women allows them to deal with patients with more care and patience. Women are in high demand in this profession not just now but historically as well.
Women can choose one of the following careers in the health care sector.
- Doctor: Doctors are one of the most respected human beings in the world. Women are even more appreciated in this field as they have a more empathetic approach towards patients. There are several sub-domains in the field of medicine. Gynecology is one such field in which women are more appreciated than men. Handling birth and pregnancy matters are naturally more suited to women. Also, women feel more comfortable getting themselves checked by female doctors when it comes to gyne-related check-ups.
- Nursing: Nurses take care of the patients in hospitals, and they spend more time taking care of the patients as compared to the doctors. Nursing is one of the well-paid sectors in both Europe and America. There are around 32 million female nurses globally, which makes 91% of the total nurses in the world. Certified nurse earns up to $10000 per year in America. So, ladies, if you are young and looking to contribute to society in the health sector, nursing isn't such a bad option.
- Medical Lab technician: Medical labs often prefer women in this domain as they offer more reliable and focused testing as compared to their male counterparts.
- Dentists: A very unique difference between male and female dentists is that female dentist have small hands. Therefore, they can work better in the tight space in the mouth of their patients compared to their male counterparts with comparatively bigger hands. Dentists are usually highly paid professionals earning up to $150K every year. In 2019 the median salary of a dentist was estimated at $155000.
- Pharmacists: Women professionals are also encouraged and in high demand in the pharma side of the medical industry. Managing prescriptions of patients and handling their medical dosages is a highly responsible position. Women have historically proven themselves in this field and are offered good salaries. So, to the young girls who don't want to go for MBBS but love medical sciences, they can opt for Doctor of Pharmacy.
We have given abundant praise to women for their kind and empathetic nature, but we are still not done yet. Another career that suits women perfectly is human resource management. Women have a naturally better tendency to deal with people better, and that is why most of the employees in any firm in the Human Resources department are female.
Modern workplaces are booming with diversity, and women are more accepting and tolerant of diversity. That's why women are best suited for HR-related jobs.
Another advantage for girls looking to join HR or study HR in their post-grads or grad courses Is that they can profoundly impact organizational development.
Designing and Creative
We have talked much about the empathetic aspect of the female powerhouses of our society, but wait a bit; there is another part in which women leave their male counterparts to eat dust. That is designing. There is a various field in which women designer are doing marvelous work.
One such field is interior designing and smart home automation. Interior designer is one of the highest-paid professionals in the world. They are responsible for designing indoors offices, houses, clubs, and cafes, etc. The superior aesthetic sense of women allows them to excel in this field. It is also one of the promising careers for women. It will enable them to fulfill their passion for designing while earning reasonable sums of money for themselves and their families.
Glam and fashion are synonymous with women. Where there is a female, there are colors. Women also opt for fashion designing as a career. Even if you can't make it to the top of the designing pyramid, you can still earn a good livelihood by running your own boutique or providing designing services to other brands.
Another closely related field with fashion designing is modeling and acting. Acting has equal opportunities for both males and females. However, female actors have more appeal to them and attract more audiences with their powerful ability to portray characters in their most refined form. This field is also one of the well-paid career choices that women can go for.
Information technology is the buzzword of this century. Information technology has reshaped the world and created new billionaires. Technology is a promising career choice for women. Ladies can choose any field in IT, ranging from software engineering to hardware architecture. The IT field offers excellent salaries and lucrative career paths. Especially in customer-oriented IT services, women play an essential part.
There is a vast research scope that can help you impact the world. IT start-ups like Resume Croc value gender diversity in their team and offer a high position to competent ladies to lead their resume crafting operations. A reason for this trust is that women have an inbuilt capacity to portray intricate details in an exceptional manner.
The motherly nature of women makes them exceptional at teaching, especially in the early years. Although women are not limited to primary school or high school in the early years, kids feel more comfortable with female teachers as compared to a male teacher, a report concludes.
Women are teaching at universities, colleges, online education platforms, and academies as well. They are showcasing exceptional abilities in the field of education and earning respectable income for themselves. So, if you are gearing up for the future in any field of knowledge, keeping teaching as a career choice is always wise and sustainable. Grace Griffin is a perfect example for newcomers who want to learn how to become academic writer. Grace is a dissertation writing coach and helps the student through an educational platform Research Prospect.
These career choices are always most suited for women. But it does not by any means restrict women from performing their duties in other workplaces. Women are serving proudly in the military, engineering, sports, and another field that require a good deal of physical input. So, do not limit yourself, always be on the hunt for exceptional opportunities.
About the Author: Ellie Cross is a content manager at Essays.uk who has helped students for a long time. She manages a growing team of great writers and content marketers who contribute to a great extent to help students with their academics.