Doubt about defence capability if Scotland is independent
Opposition paints a seemingly hopeless picture for defence
08:24 18 June 2013
The UK government is saying that if Scotland becomes independent they would not be able to see the security measures that are set up for “UK eyes only”. The government feels there might be some lack of cohesion where defence is concerned.
This is similar to the previous opposition that Scotland would not be able to survive the changes to the banking industry if it were independent. Many people might think that their own personal banking looks hopeless, but there are a few ways to try and improve circumstances.
- Reduce monthly payments—this can be done by a variety of ways. You can pay off some smaller bills, pay extra to drop the amount of interest being charged, or transfer balances from one banking institution to another with a better interest rate. Also cancelling unnecessary services works to reduce your monthly payments.
- Get better interest rates—when it comes to banking, your mortgage and vehicle loans take up a large chunk of your income. It is a good idea to keep an eye out for better interest rates so that you can refinance or switch banks to get a break on the interest.
- Savings accounts—one of the ways that you can improve your banking situation is by setting up a savings account, or multiple savings accounts so that you will be better prepared for your financial future. Compare the interest rates offered by different banking institutions to ensure that you will make the most money possible off your investment.
- Banking specials—you can sometimes receive special promotions when you set up an account, or just as part of the available perks with certain banks. Make the most of such services, especially if they are offered as a courtesy to customers.
- Credit cards—if you have to use credit cards, try to use ones that give you benefits such as discounts on dining out, airline miles, or other point rewards.